France Football magazine annonced their 10 finalists for the prestigious Ballon d’Or award.
The 10 are: Lionel Messi, Samuel Eto’o, Cristiano Ronaldo, Xavi Hernandez, Andres Iniesta, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Didier Drogba, Wayne Rooney & Steven Gerrard.
7 of the 10 finalists ply their trade in the Spanish Primera Division, the other 3 are based in England. Lio Messi of Argentina and Barcelona is the favourite to win. I’m interested to see how the rest of the top 10 will line up. The winner will be announced tomorrow (1st December) and the presentation of the award will be on Sunday 6th November.
The other 20 players are (according to ranking):
11. Fernando Torres (Liverpool)
12. Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal)
13. Edin Dzeko (Wolfsburg)
14. Ryan Giggs (Manchester United)
15. Thierry Henry (FC Barcelona)
16. Luis Fabiano (FC Sévilla), Nemanja Vidic (Manchester United), Iker Casillas (Real Madrid)
19. Diego Forlan (Atletico Madrid)
20. Yoann Gourcuff (Bordeaux)
21. Andrei Arshavin (Arsenal), Julio Cesar (Inter Milan), Frank Lampard (Chelsea)
24. Maicon (Inter Milan)
25. Diego (Juventus)
26. David Villa (Valencia), John Terry (Chelsea)
28. Franck Ribéry (Bayern Munich), Yaya Touré (FC Barcelona)
30. Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)